- Remove engine cover/console for access to rear of engine.
- Clean surface of drive, block and drive clamp with carb cleaner.
- Remove bolt that secures oil pump drive clamp to block (Figure 2-12).
- Remove oil pump drive with turn and lift motion. Use channel lock or use grip pliers to remove drive.
- Remove gasket from block or drive.
- Cover pump drive opening in block to prevent dirt entry.
- Install new gasket on oil pump drive.
- Position and insert oil pump drive in block. Turn drive back and forth to seat it as needed.
- Install drive clamp and bolt. Tighten bolt to 25-37 lb-ft (34-50 N•m) torque.
- Install engine console/cover.
Figure 2-12 Oil Pump Drive
Leave a comment
You must be Logged in to post a comment.